Love Your Local Market 2014 planning is well underway and the Council’s Street Trading Team would be grateful for your help in drumming up interest amongst potential stallholders.
The theme this year is ‘youth’ in all its dimensions – bringing new traders to our markets, invigorating them with youthful energy, attracting young customers, and more.
Here are details:
14-28 May 2014 (except Bank Holiday Monday).
- A total of 300 LYLM pitches over the fortnight between Portobello, Golborne & Portobello Green Vintage Fashion Market.
- Portobello & Golborne pitches available Monday through to Saturday (with full-day trading on the Thursdays).
- Portobello Green Vintage Fashion Market pitches available Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Arts & Crafts square (12 pitches) available 16 & 23 May – we are seeking proposals from community groups, charities, schools, colleges etc wishing to organise youth-themed markets on one or both Fridays (which they will need to promote themselves to generate footfall, with our help) – interested parties should contact Mark Atkinson or Markets Manager Nick Kasic directly to discuss details as soon as possible. The 16th March is the deadline for prospective stallholders to email expressions of interest.
- 16 April – we will send out invitations and instructions for participants to register at the Street Trading Office.
- There will be one prize each week for the best LYLM stall.
- There will be a prize for the LYLM trader who gets the most subscriptions to the Portobello & Golborne Management Committee’s Shop Portobello newsletter.
- Possible additional stuff TBC.
- Cost is £10 per pitch.
- Aspiring traders should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Atkinson FIPM
Markets Development Officer
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
Street Trading Office
72 Tavistock Road
London W11 1AN
Mobile: 07854 900 033