Date: 28th May 2013 (Tuesday)
Time: 11.00 a.m. to 12.30 pm (registration 10.45)
At: The Westminster Enterprise Centre 59 Elgin Avenue London W9 2DB (entrance on Chippenham Road)
You are invited to a FREE seminar covering the four main areas of intellectual property (trade marks, patents, designs and copyright) and how to protect your Intellectual Property rights. It’s a great opportunity for all businesses, looking for the latest information and advice on IP. Direct from the Intellectual Property Office.
This key seminar provides:
• a better understanding of the importance and relationship between trademarks and brands
• details on how to make the most of your business’s Intellectual Property
• more awareness of the other forms of intellectual property such as patents, design and copyright?
3 Key Questions:
1. Do you own your trading name? You may for example have a limited company and a matching domain name and yet still be infringing some ones trade mark?
2. Do you own your own web site? Are you aware of the rules of copyright ownership? In a recent survey 74% of businesses where unsure of who owned the copyright in their business when it was created by a third party?
3. Once you identify and secure ownership of the IP within your business you have the potential to fully exploit it. Many businesses are now for example successfully franchising their business, could you?
This event will answer your questions. It will introduce you to the world of IP. Demonstrate how it can be used to benefit your business. Hear plenty of practical examples. You will be signposted on your journey for instance by, utilising the IPO free health check and online search facilities.
Can you afford to miss the opportunity to secure the future of your business?
Why not take time out from your busy schedule to come along to an event that will make a difference.
This workshop is FREE for those who are resident in Westminster
Call Kim Sadler at PDT
020 7266 0636
Guest Speaker Profiles:
One or both of the following experts are coming to the WEC:
Gary Townley, Business Events Manager, Intellectual Property Office Gary joined the Office in 1982 working originally in Southampton Buildings, London, in the Patents Directorate. He helped in the relocation of the IPO to Newport South Wales, training new staff before becoming head of the Patent Enquiry Unit. Gary joined the Business Outreach and Education team in 1999 and regularly provides Intellectual Property training at workshops, seminars and conferences, and is the current editor of IPInsight, the monthly E-newsletter for the IPO.